Genie (Intellicode 2) 3-button remote
- Genie (Intellicode 2) 3-button remote
The Genie 3-button, Intellicode 2, remote is compatible with all Genie Intellicode (rolling code) hand held transmitters made from 1998 to present. It measures 2-1/2 inches by 1-3/4 inches and can either by clipped onto a keychain or used with the accompanying visor clip. It is a dual frequency remote that sends both 390 MHz and 315 MHz frequencies. Programming an Intellicode 1 remote, which covers all other intellicode remotes on this site, is shown below in the Additional Information section. Instructions, visor clip and battery are included.
Order Securely Price: $31.45
This is a 3 button remote, which can be used to operate up to 3 garage doors using IntelliCode radio controls. This remote is defaulted to operate the new IntelliCode 2 Genie garage door openers, but you can also program individual buttons to operate other IntelliCode 1 (pre 2011) models of Genie garage door openers made from 1998 to present. To change a button to operate a pre 2011 IntelliCode opener, the default IntelliCode 2 setting must be changed to IntelliCode 1. An LED light on the remote displays which mode the remote button is in:
Red = IntelliCode 1 / Green = IntelliCode 2
To set one of the 3 buttons to be IntelliCode 1 (red), follow the instructions below:
- Select a button on the remote that has not been programmed.
- Press and hold that button for 10 seconds. Both Red and Green LEDs come on and stay on.
- Press the same button twice to toggle IntelliCode selection from IntelliCode 2 to IntelliCode 1.
- Press the same button again to confirm toggle. the LED should be Red. The IntelliCode selection for this button is set to IntelliCode 1.
You are now ready to program the remote to your garage door. Follow accompanying instructions for "Programming to IntelliCode 1 Genie garage door opener," or see below instructions:
Programming Instructions: Gently press the Receiver Learn Code button on the power head receiver of your Genie garage door opener (motor head on ceiling in garage). This small, black, unmarked button is located behind the light lens at the motor head and is nearest the floppy 6 inch antenna wire that protrudes from the motor head. When pressed, a radio signal indicator light will start blinking red for 30 seconds. After pressing the Learn Code Button, press your transmitter button twice for your system to grab the frequency and code it in. (Keep the transmitter you're tuning at least 2 feet away from the power head while tuning.) Press the transmitter button once more to test the system and start your door moving.
Often times manufacturers have multiple part numbers for the same product. To eliminate some of the confusion, see the list below to confirm that this product will work for you.This product replaces these parts:
- ACSCTG Type 1
- ACSCTG Type 2
- ACSCTG Type 3
- OCDT G2T-1
You may also find these products useful:
- Genie GITR-3 Intellicode 3-Bttn
- Note: Only the far right of the three buttons (1 dot button) will operate those older Genie Intellicode units built from 1995 through 1997. If you have a Genie unit built in…
- Price: $29.95
- Genie Keypad Intellicode Wireless
- GK-BX / 37224R
- Price: $41.95
- Wafer Lithium Battery
- Price: $2.99